Read all about Wisconsin Cheese and dairy programs and promotions making headlines across the U.S.
Wisconsin Cheesemakers Score International Awards
December 16, 2010
Wisconsin cheeses achieved winning performances in the recent World Cheese Awards in London. Eight companies won a total 20 awards in the international competition. Hosted by the Guild of Fine Food, a UK trade association, the cheeses were evaluated by judges from 19 countries. More than 2,600 cheeses from 29 countries were entered.
Claiming first place awards were Sartori Foods for its Cinnamon BellaVitano®, an Italian-inspired cow's milk variety, and Carr Valley Cheese Co. for Bandaged Billy, an aged goat cheese.
Other award-winning cheeses, by company, are:
- Arthur Schuman—Montforte Gorgonzola Wheel, bronze
- BelGioioso Cheese—American Grana®, silver; Asiago and Fresh Mozzarella, bronze
- Carr Valley Cheese Co.—Menage, Cave Aged Mellage, Cave Aged Marisa, Native Sheep and Black Goat Truffle, silver
- DCI Cheese Co.—Black River Gorgonzola, bronze
- Holland's Family Cheese—Marieke Gouda Super, silver
- Meister Cheese Co.—Eagle Cave Aged Cheddar, silver
- Organic Valley Family of Farms—Blue Cheese, bronze
- Sartori Foods—Espresso BellaVitano®, Reserve Balsamic BellaVitano®, Reserve SarVecchio®Parmesan, silver; Aged Fontina and Reserve Basil & Olive Oil Asiago, bronze
# # #
The Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board is a nonprofit organization of dairy producers that promotes the consumption of milk, cheese and other dairy products made in America’s Dairyland.
Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board
8418 Excelsior Dr.
Madison, WI 53717